Friday, December 04, 2015

My Chennai flooded...

Yesterday,  I hired a cab and drove down to Chennai and got my husband back who has an exam on Sunday for which he has been preparing since the last year.

It was a reckless adventure of driving through roads adjoining flooding lakes.

I stopped at Krishnagiri and picked up 100 kgs of relief material at a wholesaler and gave it at an NGO in Chennai.

I picked up potatoes, curd, milk and onions for my in laws.

I online ordered milk, curd and some veggies for dad which will get delivered on Sunday by big basket.

But, I didn't visit my dad. I didn't tell him I came. I didn't bring him back to Bangalore. I can make all the excuses that I didn't have the time. That Adyar is safe and he has electricity as well unlike the rest of Chennai ! That I had to get out of Chennai before it got dark so that my cab wouldn't get stuck in roads. But the guilt is killing me.

The euphoria of the journey, the joy of compassion is killed. I'm now drowning in the guilt of me.  What kind of a monster am I?

No comments: